About Me

My photo
I'm just a rockabilly gal with a huge passion for makeup, nails, beauty, pin ups, eBay shopping, red, and fluffly stuff. I also love my man and our little family. I'm a Wife, a mother, and beauty school student. I'm pretty busy these days but promise to share my best ideas for nails, hair, and makeup!...

Friday, April 8, 2011

NOTD - glitter french tip

A few days ago I had to go to a job orientation, so I wanted a simple mani for the day.  I decided to go with OPI's new "In The Spot-Light Pink" with a coat of "I Juggle... Men."  Since I have acrylics and I knew the polish would be shear I used OPI's acrylic base coat, which is a white toned base coat.


This is one coat base coat, one coat "In The Spot-Light Pink" with one coat of "I Juggle... Men."  
I liked the pink color, but wish it was a touch more opaque.  I love the shimmer in "I Juggle... Men."  Next time I want to use a few more layers so it is more noticeable.  It was cloudy out, so I wasn't able to capture the shimmer like I hoped. :(

I wasn't completely impressed with this, simply because it was a touch boring.  So, I decided to add a glitter French tip.  I'm not a huge glitter polish fan, but am trying to branch out.  I used Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Extreme Wear in "Rockstar Pink."



I liked this polish and am glad I only decided to do it as a tip.  It's a bit flashy for me, but I could possibly wear it as a thin glitter coat on top of a darker polish.  
I like the way it came out! :)

What I used (plus French manicure tip guides):

What do you guys think?

(all the above photos were taken with flash, due to it being cloudy out all day)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment